Wednesday, July 22, 2009

6/20/09-First Mermaid Parade

First I got into the spirit of the event.

Today was my first Mermaid Parade at Coney Island. Daddy was very into this event ever since he won "Best musical Group" as the Mermones back in 2001.

That's my Uncle Dan as Joey Mermone.
There's Daddy:

ah, the glory days...

Well this year the weather looked kind of bad and we almost didn't make it. But I think Mommy and Daddy would have been upset if I missed my first Mermaid Parade, so we headed out to Coney Island.

As usual, I was pretty excited for the festivities...

Wow, people really go all out for this thing.





We got to see our friend San who came out all the way from LA. She really does this parade up right. Here she is as part of Splash Dance:

Splashdance at the 2009 Mermaid Parade from Michael Green on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment